WFH: The Good, The Bad & The Difficult
Give thought and critical planning when deciding if a remote workforce is right for your business. What works for one business doesn’t automatically guarantee results for another.
Remote workers are 25% more productive than their on-site colleagues.
Companies with remote workers are projected to save at least $10,000 per teleworker annually.
Teleworkers, personally, could save as much as $5,000 annually by working remotely.
Employers that allow remote work options experience a 25% reduction in employee turnover.
85% of employees prefer to work from home, even though they are able to work from anywhere. (coffee shop, co-working space, etc.)
Businesses are able to reduce physical office space with a remote workforce.
…and so many more benefits…
Increased security risks by adding additional machines outside of your regular network.
- Solution: Anti-Virus and Network Monitoring
- CommWest Services >>
Less than half of employees say they receive proper internet security protocol and training.
- Solution: Regular employee training and security check-ins
- CommWest will work with you to develop and implement the necessary training for your industry and staff
19% of remote employees report loneliness as their biggest challenge.
- Solution: Implement regular check-ins with each employee and teams
22% of remote employees report that unplugging after work is their biggest challenge.
- Solution: Implement remote working hours and specific policies for your remote workforce
53% of remote workers are less likely to take time off than if they worked at their business’s location.
- Solution: Lead by example. If needed, implement mandated vacations as a company policy
Demand for homes with office capability is increasing. Many employees are using shared rooms or bedrooms as offices.
- Solution: Discuss with your employee their needs and potential options for a permanent home office
We are happy to offer our assistance when exploring the option of a remote workforce. Give us a call.
Helping Your Business Grow
Source: Owl Labs, GenApp, CoSo Cloud, Buffer’s