Time to Schedule – Part 3
We are writing this as Part 3 of our moving journey, but it accounts for all pieces of the move. Let’s review what we have completed thus far:
- Part 1 – Determined what cabling and remodel was needed, talked with our team
- Part 2 – Completed the cabling (after a slight revision), completed painting and carpeting remodel work
What to do next?
The next step when moving your business is to outline and schedule the entire move.
Here is a sample moving outline:
- Talk to your IT Partner
- Where moving to
- Conduct walk-thru of the building for office/cabling needs – desk locations, data, and phone access
- Best options for carrier services
- Finish remodel items – carpet, painting, etc.
- Complete cabling – remember to have a detailed conversation prior to starting the cabling
- Schedule internet/phone provider install or move your existing service – this can be several weeks out based on availability
- Pick a moving day – once all the previous items will be completed
- Prioritize what to do first on moving day – which desks, phones, and other equipment needs to be working first
- Coordinate who will pack up your office – including your technology equipment
- Remember to keep all parties informed of changes throughout the process
This is the outline we used for moving our business. As mentioned in Part 1 and 2, early on in the process we identified that our carrier services (phone and internet) needed to be strategized. For our business, we knew we wanted to keep our IP address. This was communicated with Spectrum (our provider) prior to the move.
You do not have to do it alone.
Moving your business takes planning and it can become a headache if you don’t have support. You do not have to do it alone. Utilize your IT Partner, to help navigate the entire process. If you do not have an IT Partner willing or able to help when moving your business, give us a call.