CommWest is a locally owned business technology company that has served Western Colorado and Eastern Utah since 2002. We are a Managed Service Provider (MSP) that partners with businesses to maximize their technology investment. We build, install, and manage business technology network and telephone requirements.
Our Mission: Help business owners grow their business by providing quality, reliable, personalized technology solutions, and services consistently and professionally, that support and secure their company’s communications.
Core Values: Trust, Client Partner, Quality, Community Involvement, and Teamwork
We are looking to hire a full-time technician who will work with our team to service new and existing customers. This position will be responsible for various low voltage cabling, network, and telecom systems, including installation, repair, and maintenance. Technician will visit various work sites within our service area. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can troubleshoot, and problem solve quickly. They will have excellent customer service skills and perform their job duties in a professional manner while effectively meeting deadlines. They must also be a team player who is willing to work occasional nights or weekends and travel within our service area.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Extensive PC and network work including repair, upgrades, anti-virus, malware, router install and support, trouble shooting, Active Directory, network support, help desk and more
- Installing voice, data, and surveillance systems in a commercial environment
- Pulling, routing, and certification of structured cable in a commercial environment
- Using standard hand tools and drills to attach industry specific hardware related to wiring and cable
- Assist during installations, occasionally after hours
- Maintain records of work completed and equipment used
- Monitor equipment inventory
- High School Diploma
- Valid Driver’s License with a reliable vehicle able to transport tools and folding ladder
- Clean driving record
- Associate or technical college degree in computer networking or equivalent related field experience
- Background and knowledge in cabling and voice systems
- Able to lift 50 lbs. or more
- Able to climb ladders and perform work while on ladder
- May be required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch for reasonable periods of time
- Able to work in areas with limited access or cramped spaces
- Health, Vision, and Dental insurance
- 401K options with employer match