Network downtime is comprised of lost revenue, lost productivity, recovery costs and intangible costs. Downtime can be due to a security/data breach or equipment failure.
Regardless of your size when your network stops working, your business takes a hit.
Small companies suffer the most during periods of downtime, showing the least ability to generate revenue. 39% compared to 19% for medium-sized companies, and 28% for large-sized companies.
Revenue Lost by Company Size: (of the $26.6 Billion)
- Small business: $15.05 billion
- Medium business: $1.097 billion
- Large business: $10.34 billion
2019 Cost of a Data Breach Report
The 14th Annual Cost of a Data Breach Report was conducted by the Ponemon Institute.
Did You Know?
- 40% of small -medium businesses that manage their own network will be accessed by a hacker.
- 20% of small businesses will be hacked within one year.
- 31% of targeted attacks focus on businesses with fewer than 250 employees.
- 93% of companies that lost their data for 10 days or more filed for bankruptcy within one year. 50% immediately.