It is always stressful when things go wrong – especially technology
Complete our Vendor Documentation & Contact List to take away some of the stress
By completing the documentation and contact list, your business and team have a comprehensive understanding of who to contact when assistance is needed.
Voice Carrier (ie. Spectrum, Centurylink, FastTrack, Nuso)
- Provide active phone lines to your building
- Depending on the contract, the extent of services vary
- Make sure your account is set up correctly – business vs. residential
Internet Carrier (ie. Spectrum, Spectrum Fiber, Centurylink)
- Provide internet access to your business
- Provide support for slow internet speed and/or outages
- Don’t support equipment that is purchased outside of your contract – routers, modems, etc.
- Make sure you have appropriate speeds – neither too much nor too little
- Yes – is there such thing as too high of internet speeds for your business. Learn why – call us.
- Assists with your business network such as computer, server, software, updates, monitoring, anti-virus, and more
- Make sure you feel you are getting what you are paying for
- Make sure you retain access to your network
- Provides and services your business phones – across multiple offices when applicable
- Make program changes and necessary updates when requested
- Provide training to employees
- Ask yourself – Is your phone system enhancing your business and customer experience? What more could it be doing for you?
- Printers, credit card machines, alarm system(s), surveillance cameras, and more
- Make sure you know who is servicing each of these parts of your business technology
So, you know who your vendors are. This is where office technology becomes more complicated.
- Do you know who you are supposed to call when one part of your technology fails?
- Depending on who you call, you end up getting the run-around and blame game. No one claims responsibility.
Simplify Your Life
The benefit of having a technology service partner (TSP) is that you minimize the vendors you partner with. Phones go down, the internet is slow, computers are acting up – you always know who to contact.